Four Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sunday 24 March 2013

  photo SAM_5478_zpse2ebc115.jpg

I saw these chocolate chip cookies on my friend Laurie's page the other day.  Her blog is called I Love A Cloudy Day, and she's Canadian.   She's also a brilliant artist and she used to work as a chef, just like me.  I love her to bits!  She's a real sweetie pie.

  photo SAM_5486_zps5e279b98.jpg

The other day she had posted this recipe for Chatelaine Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Chatelaine is a very popular Women's magazine back home in Canada.   It's been around for yonks.  It's kind of like the Canadian Good Housekeeping magazine I suppose.   They are known for having great recipes too.   I have an old Chatelaine Complete Cookery Book that I received for subscribing probably 35 years ago now and it is a treasure.

  photo SAM_5480_zps94e7f6d4.jpg

So, anyways, I saw these cookies on Laurie's page and immediately I thought to myself, those would be just perfect for us!  With there only being two of us, it would make just the right amount and I wouldn't have to be tempted by dozens of cooking sitting in the cookie jar waiting to be eaten!

  photo SAM_5484_zps76eadd21.jpg

The recipe said that it made two cookies . . . but I added some of my favourite things like sultanas and toasted walnuts along with the chocolate chips, and so I got four cookies!  Perhaps they are smaller than the original ones, I don't know.

  photo SAM_5487_zps1a08f500.jpg

I only know they are quite, quite delicious and they are gone.  And that's a good thing because I would not have been able to stop myself from being a pig with them . . . coz . . . that's how I roll.



 photo SAM_5481_zpsd3a32826.jpg

*Four Chocolate Chip Cookies*
makes four
Printable Recipe

Makes only four of the most deliciously moreish chocolate chip cookies.   This removes the temptation of over indulging.

1 TBS unsalted butter, softened
2 TBS packed soft light brown sugar
1 free range egg, beaten lightly
(You will only need 1 1/2 tsp of the beaten egg)
1/4 tsp vanilla
3 TBS plain flour
1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 TBS semi sweet chocolate chips
1 TBS milk chocolate chips
1 TBS sultana raisins
1 TBS chopped toasted walnuts

  photo SAM_5489_zps6b6b1f2a.jpg

Preheat the oven to 180*C.350*F/ gas mark 4.   Line a small baking sheet with baking paper.  Set aside.

Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.   Measure in 1 1/2 tsp egg.  (This is the hardest part as it does not want to measure easily.  It can be done though if you persevere!)  Stir in the vanilla and egg to thoroughly combine.  Whisk together the soda and flour.  Stir this in completely.  Stir in the nuts, raisins and chocolate chips.   Spoon the batter into 4 equal sized mounds on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown around the edges.  Allow to cool on the baking sheet for several minutes.  Remove to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.

6 comments

  1. wow, they look great, did you know I never made them yet! I just found the recipe some where, probably pinterest!
    I'm glad they worked and I think your additions sound wonderful,
    I was just a cook Marie, you are a real Chef, lol, thanks for the kind words, night night,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea..and Canadian Living mag..and Chatelaine:)
    Thanks Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie these cookies look really delicious, send you huggs and love xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie

    Love the idea of the ultimate chocolate cookie - though what the rest of the family will think when I am eating 4 cookies I don't know.
    Do you have a recipe for a larger quantity of chocolate chip cookies? You mention your own special recipe that you have honed over the years - but I cannot for the life of me find it on your website The English Kitchen?
    Please put me out of my misery in a fruitless search? I used to have your email address when I once wrote a letter for you, but since moving house I cannot find it.
    All best wishes
    Linda (apaws4chat@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your recipes for one. after many years of being married with a large family I have so much trouble trying to cook tiny portions. thank you! I adore your recipes and getting to know you by your posts as well. keep the tiny portions coming too. in fact a booklet of them would not be amiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kelly! I think you have just helped me to come up with the idea for my next cookbooklet! I struggled for a long time with empty nest gigantic meal Cook-itis! Thankfully I now have it under control! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!