Miso Soup

Monday 7 August 2017


I adore Miso Soup.  Its not something I had ever heard of when I was growing up and in fact it is only something which I have come to enjoy over the past couple of years.  Japanese in origin it is a usually composed of  a clear broth made using Miso paste and containing noodles and other bits and bobs that you love to eat.  The important parts are the broth and the noodles, after that pretty much anything goes.  I love the flavour of Miso.  Miso is a fermented Japanese soya food made using the special koji fermentation culture and different types of grains.  It usually comes in paste form.



More often than not Ramen noodles are used in Miso soup. I love, LOVE Ramen Noodles. Yutaka make lovely soup bases that are great with come with both the Miso or Soya soup base and the noodles!  They come in two different flavours.  Miso Ramen Noodles with Miso Soup and Kotsu Ramen Noodles with Creamy Soya Soup.  Simply add boiling water and wait several minutes.  Then you can begin adding whatever goodies you want with your soup.  Chopped veg, sliced cooked meats, poultry or fish, cooked egg, etc.  Whatever floats your boat!  Its delicious, healthy and quite addictive!!  These soup kits are delicious and make it all very easy!

The Yutaka range of authentic Japanese food products was introduced to the UK market in 1995. The growing range now includes ingredients for sushi, sauces, soups, rice, noodles and “easy to use” meal kits. Having been the first in the market, the brand continues to be the leading authentic Japanese range in 16 countries across Europe and the Middle East.

Tazaki Foods, the name behind the Yutaka brand, was the pioneer of Japanese food in the UK when the company opened the first Japanese restaurant in the country over 35 years ago. Since then we have been the leading supplier to the Japanese restaurants, hospitality industries and food manufacturers in the UK. It is these many years of experience in dealing with authentic, flavoursome food of the finest quality that goes into the development of every Yutaka product – demonstrating the Japanese meaning of Yutaka being “Good Harvest”.

Note - I was sent several packs of the Yutaka range of Ramen noodles for review, but was not required to post a positive review.  Any opinions are my own entirely.

4 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Monique, but I cannot take credit for it. It is from my shutterstock account. Xo

      Delete
  2. I am partial to the classic version with just tofu cubes and wakami seaweed garnished with a few spring onions. Another favourite is re-hydrated shitake mushrooms - you can re-use the soaking liquid as a vegetarian/vegan friendly broth. Another trick is to pickle peeled garlic cloves in miso paste. Once you have eaten all the garlic, you have a wonderfully garlicky miso for soup. Great on a cold winter's day.

    Though I do my soup from scratch, when we sent our girls off to school we made sure they had some of the "instant" variety for a quick meal when studying or other wise busy. It's something a very different from the usual cafeteria fare, keeps nearly indefinitely and all you need is a kettle and a bowl.

    Apologies for blathering but I really like miso. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blather away Pat! I love your suggestions and am goign to give the garlic in miso paste a go! sounds gorgeous! I, too, love the ease of the instant one from time to time! You are a man after my own heart! xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!