My Love Affair with all things Pasta . . .

Wednesday 18 November 2015

 photo SAM_6499_zpsadaa7b0b.jpg

I make no secret of it.  Pasta is one of my absolute favourite things to eat.  The Toddster, well not so much, but gradually through the years I have been wearing him down to the point where now he doesn't quite protest so much when I cook it.  Me . . .  well . . .  I am in heaven just to sit down with a bowl of butter pasta garnished with nothing but butter, salt and pepper.    I also love to create delicious sauces to serve with it.  Pasta is the perfect canvas for highlighting a multitude of flavours and textures.  You just can't go wrong with it.  It's quick to prepare.  It's delicious and with the exception of Todd, it's always a welcome lunch or supper dish!

 photo SAM_6506_zps42c3f25f.jpg

I just never tire of it.  Never  . . .










































































































Jamie’s Italian have created this gorgeous pasta infographic, with details of the unique story behind each pasta shape.  I think if you click on it you can see it larger.  I love  reading about the different pasta varieties and their history.  Just reading it makes me hungry for some of those delicious shapes and varieties.   One day I want to try making my own pasta from scratch, but in the meantime, I'll just have to make do with what I have in the cupboard  and larder!   I think this dish for Pasta with Courgettes, Tomatoes and Lemon Cream will fit the bill perfectly, don't you?  (The fact that it's pretty healthy as well is a bonus!)

  photo SAM_6507_zpsa8ba171a.jpg

*Pasta with Courgettes, Tomatoes and Lemon Cream*
Serves 4
Printable Recipe 
 

This recipe serves four but is very easily reduced to feed less if you wish.  Low in fat and high in vitamins.  Who knew low fat could be so delicious! 
 

8 ounces of whole wheat spaghetti
125ml of low fat Greek Yoghurt (1/4 cup)
50g of finely grated Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 TBS olive oil
3 medium courgettes, cut into thin ribbons,
each about 3 inches long and 1/4 inch thick
2 tsp garlic paste
1 small punnet of cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 cup)
Freshly grated Parmesan for topping finished dish,if desired 
 
 photo SAM_6501_zpsd6f27457.jpg

Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to the boil.   Add the spaghetti and cook al dente, according to the package directions.   
 
Whisk together the yoghurt, cheese and lemon zest.  Set aside. 
 
 photo SAM_6499_zpsadaa7b0b.jpg
Heat the oil in a large deep skillet.   Add the courgette ribbons and cook, gently stirring occasionally until they are just wilted.  Push to one side and add the garlic.  As soon as you can smell it, add the tomatoes and cook , stirring for several minutes, just until they begin to soften.  Mix together with the courgettes.  Stir in the yoghurt mixture.  Drain the pasta, reserving several tablespoons of the cooking liquid.  Add the drained pasta to the pan with the courgettes and tomatoes. Toss gently to combine.  Add the pasta liquid a tablespoon at a time, if necessary to thin the sauce to your desired consistency.  Divide amongst four heated pasta bowls.  Top with some freshly grated Parmesan, if desired, and serve immediately. 

 If you would like to check out all of my Pasta Recipes, click HERE.  You are certain to find something that will set your tastebuds to tingling.



6 comments

  1. I'm in love w/ pasta too..so we will share:)
    Looks great and that poster is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would gladly share with you any time Monique! xo

      Delete
  2. Hii,
    I'm also a big fan of pasta..
    You post really delicious pasta recipe.
    gona try this..
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pasta and Chocolate, how would we ever cope without them Meigan! xo

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful plate of pasta! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!