Berry Yoghurt Muffins

Tuesday 12 July 2011



If you only bake one muffin this summer, let this be the one. These are just wonderful!! Moist and delicious and stogged full of summer berries!



They rise really high, like wowowow! You will be amazed, I guarantee.



You can use any combination of summer berries, or even just one kind if you prefer. I used raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and black currants today and they were extra scrummy!



I also like to scatter some baked granola cereal on the tops for added texture, a bit of crunch . . . and I just love how it looks!



So wholesome and oaty . . . almost healthy.



The yoghurt makes them really moist and then there are some oats in the batter as well, which is good for your heart. If you use no fat yoghurt (like I did) then this keeps the calorie count down as well, whick equates to only about a tsp per muffin.



Fruit, oats, yoghurt, granola . . .what more could you ask for in a muffin???



*Berry Yogurt Muffins*
Makes 6 large muffins
Printable Recipe

Moist and delicious and stogged full of berries. I used a mixture of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and black currants today. Scrummo!

225g self raising flour ( 1 1/2 cups)
30g old fashioned rolled oats (1/3 cup)
3 large free range eggs
165g soft light brown sugar (3/4 cup packed)
200g of plain yoghurt (3/4 cup)
80ml vegetable oil (1/3 cup)
180g of fresh or frozen berries (about 1 1/2 cups)
6 TBS of granola cereal

Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F. Grease a six hole Texas size muffin tin really well. Set aside.

Sift the flour into a bowl. Whisk in the oats. Beat together the brown sugar, yoghurt, oil and eggs. Stir gently into the flour mixture, mixing only to combine. Fold in the berries. Spoon into the greased muffin tin. Sprinke about 1 TBS of granola over top of each.

Bake for 20 minutes, until well risen , and the tops spring back when lightly touched. ALlow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before turning out to cool completely. Store in a tightly covered container for up to two days.

8 comments

  1. Looks fabulous. So tall, light and fluffy. The perfect muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just printed the recipe to try it very soon. They look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE always have a batch of muffins here..these are next..my yoghurt muffins don't rise like yours so here goes soon:) I like Elizabeth Berg too..thanks for all the book recommendations as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Marie these muffins look Heavenly, dleicious, other awesome recipe my dear, send you huggs and love, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I will definitely be making these! They look glorious - so perfect and risen - mine always stay flat! Really super
    Mary oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just made these! I didn't have any oats left so substituted ground almonds, which I paired with fresh raspberries. They rose well, we're really moist and - more importantly - delicious!! Will definitely be making them again.

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made these! I didn't have any oats left so substituted ground almonds, which I paired with fresh raspberries. They rose well, we're really moist and - more importantly - delicious!! Will definitely be making them again.

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for stopping by to tell us how much you enjoyed these muffins! I love it when that happens! Have a great day! You've made mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!