Cold Desserts for Hot Summer's Day . . .

Sunday 21 July 2013

  photo ab5e575d7212d37fdd8414365a75591c_zps88a5b7fb.jpg

It was too hot to cook . . .
It was too hot to play . . .
So I sat on the sofa,
just melting away.

Visions of cold food
swim in my head . . .
but
In truth I've no energy
I feel pretty dead.

No cooking happening here
not today
Tis far, far too hot,
and
I hope that's ok . . .

I'll return tomorrow
and hopefully I'll be
back in full form
and as fit as a flea!

Okay, so I am not a poet.  But I am meltingly hot and lacking in energy.  And I haven't cooked. And I probably won't cook.  I'm sure you'll find something here that will tantalize your tastebuds even a tiny bit anyways.  I promise to be back tomorrow with something new.  Fingers Crossed.



Little Ginger Cheesecakes



Summer Fruit Salad



Clare College Mush



Lemon, Limoncello and Raspberry Syllabub



Poached Vanilla Apricots




Summer Berry and Lemon Tarts  



Blueberry Bliss



Easy Berry Charlotte

4 comments

  1. oh my gosh what a selection, yummo!! Stay cool my friend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks very YUMMY!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the dog on the ice bed! Could do with that myself, I am roasting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!