Toffee Popcorn Bark

Sunday 2 October 2011



This is a tasty little gem I got from the November Issue of Good Food Magazine! I pounced on it as soon as it slid through my post box and this was the very first recipe I earmarked to make!



It's just perfect for all the holiday celebrations we have coming up . . . Hallowe'en, Bonfire Night, Thanksgiving, Christmas . . . it would also be great to make and serve at a Hen Night, All Girl's Sleepover night, etc. I made it today to serve while we watch the Autumn General Conference sessions of our church. We tend to stay at home and make a bit of a party of it. We watch it on the computer, but I know in America, you can watch it on the television.



We usually invite friends over to watch it with us, and serve a variety of snacks and sandwiches afterwards. It a very special time for us . . . feasting on the words that our Heavenly Father wants us to hear, and then feasting on some special edible goodies! This soothes that moreish sweet/salty/crunchy/silky craving in all of us.



No matter when you serve it, I am sure it will be most, most popular!! It's very scrummy indeed! And in fact it has you thinking . . . how about doing the same thing but adding baby pretzels, and dried berries . . . or chunks of honey granola . . . or . . . pop rocks and smarties . . . or . . . well, you can see where I am going with this. The World is your oyster! Feed your own whimsie!! Whatever floats your boat!



*Toffee Popcorn Bark*
Makes 8 servings
Printable Recipe

This is one of those easy recipes that has you smacking yourself on the forehead and saying "Why didn't I think of that!"

200g milk chocolate(7 ounces)
200g white chocolate(7 ounces)
(I used Green and Blacks for both)
60g of toffee popcorn (about 2 cups)

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.

Melt the chocolates independantly of each other. Pour most of the chocolate onto the prepared baking tray, swirling it together. Sprinkle on the toffee popcorn, and then drizzle over the remaining chocolates. Chill until set.
Break into pieces to serve.



And over in The Cottage today, Strawberry Tiramisu!

8 comments

  1. THANK YOU! I am going to make this VERY soon!! Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are ahead of the game, I only got my issue through the door last night! Today's plans consist of drinking hot chocolate and reading my mag lol. Love this bark though, pure genius idea and it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering! This looks so good (and also addictive : )
    A perfect treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you so rightly said, perfect for Bonfire night, Halloween and the winter celebrations.....lovely photos Marie and I am anxiously awaiting my GF magazine ~ it is always late! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both recipes look like treats:)Bon Dimanche~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful Marie. I love chocolate bark and how rustic it is with different bits and pieces in each bite. Never thought of using popcorn befroe though. Sounds fanstic and the toffee coating would stop it going soft - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was resisting until I read, white and milk chocolate, then you had me! I'm making this on Halloween - thanks!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought this looked familiar! I saw this in GF too and thought about making it as it seems so easy. Karen, your way down south and across the channel, that's why your issue is always late! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!