Sticky Lemon Chicken for 2

Thursday 13 October 2011



Because there are only two of us in our house, I have a tendancy to cook smaller amounts a lot of the time. It just makes sense and there's no waste. I have found that most recipes can quite successfully be cut in half.



But then again . . . other recipes that are meant for two can quite successfully be doubled to feed more people as well.



This delicious chicken recipe is just such a recipe. Easy to make for two, or ten! It always turns out moist and scrummy!



Most people overcook their chicken. Dried out chicken breasts are not very tasty at all. If you follow the directions exactly for this recipe you will be rewarded with deliciously moist chicken . . . with a sticky sweet and tangy coating.



The flavours are very Greek I think . . . honey, lemon, oregano, garlic. All you need to complete the meal would be some steamed new potatoes, or rice and a tasty tossed salad on the side.



Your hubby will love this. I guarantee! It's quick, easy . . . and quite, quite tasty if I don't say so myself!



*Sticky Lemon Chicken for 2*
Serves 2

This is deliciously moist with a tangy sweet flavour that is quite scrummy indeed. You can double the ingredients if need be, but keep the cooking time the same.

2 part boned Chicken breasts
(Free range with the skin on)
the finely grated zest of one unwaxed lemon
the juice of one lemon
1 dessertspoon of runny honey
(for a deliciously different flavour try using Greek Honey)
1 TBS light olive oil
1 fat clove of garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
(I like to use Bart freeze dried)
fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 190*C/375*F/ gas mark 5. Line a baking tray with some foil. Set aside.

Whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and garlic. Place the chicken breasts on the baking tray, skin side up. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Pour the lemon juice over all. Sprinkle with the oregano.

Bake in the heated oven for30 minutes, basting with the pan juices every 10 minutes, or until cooked through. The juices should gradually thicken and give the chicken a delicious sticky coating at the end. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to rest before serving. Just wonderful!

NOTICE - The other day I inadvertantly left out 1/4 tsp of baking powder in my 2 Minute Chocolate Chip Cake recipe. Please make sure to add it to your recipe if you have already printed it out. I have amended the recipe now and am sorry if I caused any of you any problems!! Oh, and the two ladies who wanted to know if they could bake it in a regular oven, I can't see why you couldn't. Just bake it for about 10 to 15 minutes until well risen and nicely browned. Or else you can just make my regular Chocolate Chip Cake recipe, which you can find here. I promise you it's also, very, very good, although it will take a bit longer than two minutes before you can indulge in the feasting.




Over in The Cottage today, a very delicious casserole of Cheesy Sweet Potato and Cauliflower.

12 comments

  1. Right, I"m going to give the choc chip cake in a cup a go in my oven, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious, just fancy this for tonight. However, I only chicken breast with no bone and no skin. Presumably I just need to reduce the cooking time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your recipes! Sunday night I am making your Lemon Chicken, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Debs, you can cut the cooking time by as much as 10 minutes. Cook just until the juices run clear. I would baste it every five minutes though just to keep it moist!

    Belinda, let me know how it works out!

    Ann, many thanks for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you make the most wonderful things Marie, and your photos are amazing, always just so beautifully realistic.This is another winner,I hope this day brings you lots and lots of happiness,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love recipes for two:) All your recipes.. My mom's fragrance.. was L'Air Du Temps~

    The quote is perfect as well as the shoe diva:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making note of this one... hubby will love. ;o) Thanks, Marie... Happy Day, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog when I was googling plum bread pudding. Love it and I'll be back often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you by accident, so glad I did, that chicken look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect recipe for two and SO appetising too Marie.....just my kind of recipe, as when we have no B and B guests, it is just the two of us too....!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made the chicken this evening and it was a big hit, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was dinner last night. I love lemon in everything, so this appealed straight away. I've made Chinese Style Lemon Chicken before, but never Greek Lemon Chicken.

    This was delicious, with a perfect blend of flavours. The chicken was browned and sticky on the outside, but still lovely and juicy on the inside. Finger licking good :)

    I put some parboiled potato quarters on to roast along with the chicken and had those with a fresh green salad on the side. Happy campers all around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!